Skip to main content

Featured

Flamingo’s Vintage Store

 One of my favourite places to visit in Valencia is undoubtedly ‘Flamingo’s’. It’s located in Russafa, an urban and hipster district filled with bars, restaurants and of course vintage stores. I am ashamed to admit how much money I’ve spent in there as it is near impossible to go in without finding a piece you instantly love. I’ve attached a few photos of some of my most recent pieces that I’ve purchased (and even included a picture of me in store). Can’t recommend it enough if you are ever visiting Valencia!

H&M Recycled

 I was pleasantly surprised to hear that high street retailer, H&M, have a range made from recycled materials. From reading their website I learnt that they introduced this Let's Recycle campaign in 2019 and were able to collect 29,005 tonnes of textiles that year. The campaign runs as so; each H&M store has a collection box where customers can drop in old materials and the company organises these into 3 distinct categories:

1. Re-wear- This is for good quality clothes that can be sold second hand.

2. Reuse- Old materials which can't be sold again but can be transformed into alternative products. 

3. Recycle- The remaining materials are made into textile fibres which can be used for insulation. 

 Furthermore, from taking part in this campaign you receive a reward in return. It really is a win-win situation! In addition the company have set an aim that by 2030 all their products will be made from recycled materials.


I had to see for myself if the range was up to scratch so I decided to visit my local H&M store. I must admit that it took me wondering around the shop for a rather long time to realise that the recycled range was scattered throughout the store. This was a slight inconvenience as I was solely looking for the eco-friendly clothing. However I managed to find a few things to pick up. 


 As you can see I was very boring in my choices and stuck to black. The first item was a basic ribbed crop top which only cost me £6.99. What a bargain! This was part of the H&M basics section. So if you are looking for a sustainable affordable fashion option you know where to go.

 


For my second piece, I went more for a sportswear vibe and picked up a light jacket that I thought would be perfect for when out for a run. It must be said that the full gym wear section was recycled. 


Overall, I found it to be a positive experience in store. Although, if I'm being particularly picky then I have to admit that the range was quite basic and nothing really excited me. That being said,  I really appreciate the effort H&M have went to in order to produce sustainable alternatives and in the future I hope other high street fashion brands follow suit.



Hope you all enjoyed reading my H&M fashion review! Here's to becoming eco-trendy.

 Rating= 3.5 sustainability stars 














Comments

Popular Posts